Wednesday, August 27, 2008

coming along!

My days at work are seeming to fly right by. I have been working with all my new coworkers to get the center ready as soon as possible! We have an open house coming up in a few weeks and right now it looks like we are not going to be anywhere near ready. My room is coming along just fine, but all the other rooms were full of boxes from all different companies with toys, furniture, bikes, blankets and everything else that we have to unpack and distribute to the classrooms. Here are a few pictures of my room.

It may look like it is ready to us as an infant room, but looks are deceiving! :) We still have to get alot more toys to pass DCFS and state regulations and then there is all the stocking of baby food, bottle, cup and so one. Plus get our bulletin board sets up on the wall. I was going to take some pictures of the rest of the center, but it is all still under construction. If I were to take pictures of it now, you wouldn't see anything but cardboard, tools and ladders. I show you the rest later. All in all I am really enjoying getting everything all set up. I am exhausted after the day but still look forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Wow...it looks awesome! I think you're doing great, but I know it must be exhausting...keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your work, even though it's exhausting. It must be exciting to be able to get things exactly how you want them - and to pick out the toys yourself. I had no idea DCFS regulated how many toys you had to have - how funny!