Monday, August 25, 2008

Michael W. Smith

Last night I got to go to the Michael W. Smith concert at Summerwood theater at First Free! It was so much fun! I started by helping out with parking by waving one of those big orange flags around telling people were to go. Since it was my first time they put me over in the handicap parking so I would be safe. :) Then the Yost's from church saved me a seat since I didn't get in there until right before the concert started. I love his concerts (this is my 6th one). He just seems to be a "normal guy" doing what he loves...he isn't in it for the fame at all!
Today was my first day in the center at Sweds. I was fun to get in there and get a feel for the building. We spent all morning unpacking boxes of toys, blocks and games. Then after lunch we all went outside to put together all the Little Tike's cars, trucks and bikes. It was so much fun to see all the toys that we were getting! Right before we left my co-teacher, Amanda, and I decided to set up the furniture in our room the way we think we want it. I didn't have my camera to get pictures today but I will try to get some on Wednesday when we are back in there. Tomorrow we all have CPR and first aid training. It has been really nice to be doing things in a big group so we can all get to know each other.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh Stac...how fun! Your job at Sweds is like an answer to prayer!

BJR said...

"he isn't in it for the fame at all!"
- that's good, 'cuz Third Day's got him beat on that :)

PS I'm twice as committed. I've been to 12 shows :)