Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day

Today was my first day of orientation at Swedish American and it was so much fun! The orientation was amazing...it was like going and watching and interactive show with singing, dancing, comedy and skits all mixed up together but at the same time learning about the health system. Then after we were done at the hospital we all got to go see the new Ryan Jury Child Development Center! It was beautiful!!! I didn't really feel right about pulling out my camera during the tour with the whole group, but got a chance to take a few pictures of my room. The center is still under construction since it really doesn't open until mid September but the classrooms are done and ready for us to get in and set up.
As you can see, there is little to no furniture in the room and what is there still has plastic over it. It is going to be so much fun to get the room ready!
I know it is a funny thing to get excited about, but our changing stations are so cool!! They have steps that come out for bigger children (mainly 2 year olds...not so much the infants) to climb up instead of lifting them. Then if you pull out the steps, behind it is the diaper pail. It is a big space saver!
As you can see, I am really excited about everything right now! Tomorrow is another day of orientation. Although I am told it is not as fun as today because it is all computer and paper work. Then for the next few weeks I will be setting up the room with my co-teacher and getting to know the staff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Stace. The classroom looks beautiful! I'm sure you're excited to start. I'm glad orientation hasn't been all boring. I hope things continue to go well as you get to know your coworkers!

The Kings said...

Oh, I wish I could be there to see it in person. Well, I guess by the next time I'm there it will officially be YOUR classroom, complete with babies!