Sunday, April 26, 2009

This week was "Week of the Young Child" and we celebrated at work by having fun themes every day.  Tuesday was pajama day and all of us teachers love that day.  This is Susi (our cook) who went all out for it.  It was funny because every time she walked into our room she would scare some of our babies.  So by the end of the day she would just knock on our door and we would hand her our dishes so she didn't have to come it.  Every other day the babies love her!  Some of the other themes were backwards day, sports day, funny hat/hair day and rainbow day (each age group had a different color).  It was alot of fun!
Saturday night a bunch of us teachers got together and did a scavenger hunt around the Rockford area.  It was alot of fun even if we didn't win.  We had clues that we had to guess the answer then have our picture taken in front of the sign of the destination.   This is Michele in front of the Burpee Museum where Jane the dinosaur is.  We also went to the big orange Rockford symbol, Showplace 16, Coronado...
me in front of the Mrs. Fisher's chips sign
and Amanda with one of our many sock monkeys around town.  I think this is where we lost the game.  We needed a picture with one of the monkeys, but couldn't figure out where one was that wasn't in a closed building (it was Sat. night and nothing was open).  When we got back they told us there was one in the entrance to the hospital.  I KNEW THAT!!!!!  I was so mad at my self for not thinking about it!   Oh well, we had fun anyway.
After we went out to dinner with everyone and got to spend some time chatting without a bunch of screaming kids around us.  :)  It was a fun time!  

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I didn't know you did that...I guess I've been so busy this week, I haven't even talked to you. I'll call you tonight.