Sunday, April 19, 2009

Amazing concert!!!!

I went to a Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman concert last night with my friend Sara.  It was amazing!!!!  At first, we were a little upset because the seats we were sitting in were blocked by a big speaker and we couldn't see anything but the band.  Once the concert started, we noticed that there were lots of seats open so we moved down closer...Much better!!!!  
This was my 5th MWS concert but I don't think I have seen SCC in concert (or not that I can remember).  He has such an amazing story after all that his family has been through the last year.  It is amazing to see what God has done in their lives after such a horrible accident.  The guitarist on the left is his oldest son.  His other son was on the drums for a few songs and his oldest daughter was there helping with other things.  
My favorite part was seeing both of them together on the stage.  They were funny to watch when they started singing the other person's songs. 
And of course I loved the MWS portion of the concert!!!!
A special guest joined them for a few songs also...Geoff Moore!  I can't believe there were three big name artists on one stage!!  
I took alot of videos since it was so entertaining to see them together.  I hope I don't bore you with all of them.  They are short and get a little blurry, but fun to watch.

SCC singing "Cinderella".  He said it was on of the hardest songs to sing again after everything he has been through.

This is them playing their favorite songs from the other artist.  Very fun to watch!!!

Singing "Friends".  Kind of gave it a new meaning after hearing SCC talk about his daughter and everyone coming to his side.  

Geoff Moore joining in on some worship.  

I even got to go eat at Cheddar's before the concert...yummmm.  It was a great night and so much fun!  

2 comments:

The Kings said...

I am so glad it was as good as you had hoped. It sounds like it was awesome...makes me wish I'd been there!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! I'm so glad you had a great time!