Saturday, April 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Tonight we all got together to celebrate grandma's birthday. Josh brought fried chicken and all the fixings from Culver's. It tasted so good since I worked this afternoon and didn't eat lunch!
Grandma loved having everyone there! I think she gets lonely sometimes and loves to have people to entertain.
We played the card game, spoons, and Lydia thought it was alot of fun to act like she was playing with us. To her it looked like we were just throwing cards around, so she joined right it with that. She loved it! (sorry, I forgot to flip the picture before I loaded it)
Lydia also liked helping Grandma blow out the candles. Shannon said she likes to sing "Happy Birthday" but I think she was still a little confused when we all sang.

She liked playing horse with me. I got tired easy, but it is hard to say not to her!

Shannon, Josh and I were in the other room talking when we noticed it was a little quiet. This is what Shannon found when she got up.
I think we all had a great time celebrating tonight. Shannon made a wonderful homemade lemon cake to go along with the wonderful dinner. I love having nights like this together!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Oh, I wish I could've been there...I'm jealous...my whole family w/o me! :< (