Saturday, May 24, 2008

my night with Lydia

Tonight Lydia and I are having a slumber party!! We have had a great time. I picked her up about 4 today and have been busy ever since. We started by going to say hi to Michelle for a little bit then came back to my apartment. I fixed dinner while she watched "Ratatouille" (which she loved!).
Then I decided to make some cookies to take to Grandma tomorrow and she wanted to help. It took a little bit longer than normal, but it was so much fun!
The whole time we were mixing she kept trying to stick her fingers into the bowl and I kept telling her she had to wait. Finally I gave her the spatula and a beater to lick and she was happy.
She takes after her Aunt Stacey...this is my favorite part of baking too! She liced it till there was nothing left.
Ymmmmm! They are good cookies. Nothing like a cookie before bed :)
Between Shannon and my schedules, I haven't gotten to see much of Lydia other than at church. So I really enjoyed tonight! I wish I lived just a little closer (like 20 min. is so far away)to them so I could see her more during the week.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh, I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of Lydia "helping" tomake cookies! It looks like you had a great time...I only wish I could have been there. Looks like you made Lydia a nice dinner too...such a good aunt!

Unknown said...

Lydia is so lucky to have you for an aunt - she absolutely adores you! Thanks for taking such good care of her. She never wants to come home after spending time with you. :)