Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ribbon Cutting

Today was the ribbon cutting for the Ryan Jury Center. It was so much fun! Even though it was at 10:30, which is right in the middle of the infants nap time, they all did very well during the ceremony. I am sorry I didn't get better or more pictures but I was a little busy trying to keep kids quiet. :) It was really nice to meet the family of Ryan Jury (the boy that the center is named after). He died of cancer at age 2 over 20 years ago. This is one of our toddle classes trying their hardest to sit quietly. They did a great job!
There were so many people there from the hospital, family, community and others that have been involved in the project in some way. Since it was a little chilly outside we had it in the activity room. By the time we fit all the kids and teachers, there wasn't much room for others. I still think everyone enjoyed it!
What was really funny is that as I was walking to the activity room trying to get the big buggy through all the people and I saw my friend, Michelle's, dad. It was a huge surprise! If you look closely he is standing behind the guy in the green shirt. He was there representing Kids Around the World.
So even though it was a long day of people touring the building and peaking their heads in our room, it was fun to celebrate the new building. I am so lucky to have a place like this to work! If you are interested in seeing the footage the news did on it go here and click on the click on the little video link about the picture. The baby sleeping in the buggy is a baby from my class. :)

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I watched the clip from the news, but it went so fast I couldn't keep up. I wish I had been there but it sure looked crowded! Neat ceremony...makes you thankful you took the job, huh?