Friday, June 20, 2008

Cheddar's is closing!

My favorite restaurant in Rockford...Cheddar's...is closing tomorrow. I have spent the last 3 nights enjoying their great food with my friends. Cheddar's has been the place of many good and fun memories for us of get togethers, good talks, birthday parties and even a few bachlorett parties. Wednesday night I went with Beth not knowing anything was happening just to get a cookie monster and spend some time catching up. When we got the news the restaurant was closing we both started feeling very depressed. So to make it up, I decided to call another friend Michelle and go Thursday night for another cookie monster. I didn't get any pictures of Beth and I, but here a few from Michelle and my night. If you have never had a cookie monster, you are missing out!!! It is a big warm cookie with ice cream, hot fudge, sprinkles, whipped cream and a cherry...yummmmm! This one is half eaten.
Us enjoying our wonderful cookie monster
Michelle was getting sad that is was almost gone
Now we are both sad because that would be the last cookie monster we would get to share together.
Tonight I took Grandma there for dinner and went all out (I had a gift card I had to use). We both got a good meal and then finished it off with...yes...another cookie monster (my very last one)! I am going to miss that place!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

YUM...and to think I missed it! Glad you got an opportunity to enjoy Cheddar's (and good friends) for their last week open.