Saturday, March 15, 2008

Texas trip with Lydia!

Sorry everyone it has been so long since I updated my blog, but I just can't seem to get my internet at home to work long enough to get anything done.

Well, I am now in Texas visiting my parents again but this time I have someone with me. Shannon and Josh went to Colorado for a wedding and Lydia and I decided to take a trip too. I was a little nervous about taking her on the plane (her first time) but she did wonderful. We played with a few small toys, talked about the clouds out the window and watched a movie that put her to sleep for about 45 min.(thank goodness for personal DVD players). Sher was very excited to see Grandma and Grandpa but a little confused at first. Once we showed her all the toys, she was just fine.

We got to have a wonderful steak dinner! It was so nice to have a home cooked meal! Lydia is so cute when she prayes before she eats.
Then Grandma gave her a bath in her big tub. Lydia had so much fun! It was more like a swimming pool for her.
Yesterday (Friday) my Dad took off of work to spend the day with us. We went to breakfast and to his plant to have Lydia meet everyone there. After Mom got home from school we went to The Incredible Pizza Planet for dinner. It was good food and fun games for Lyda.

She was so serious with everything we did. She had fun, but was so interested in what everyone else was doing.

Mom and Dad have a little park right down the street and Lydia loves the swings and slides. We have taken a walk there both nights.

Today we went to the San Antonio zoo. It was so much fun! Lydia loved seeing the animals and we loved watching her!


They had a little petting zoo that let the kids brush and feed the goats. She enjoyed that!

We decided to take an ice cream break. It was so nice to be outside after being in all winter!

She is enjoying having Grandma and Grandpa to play with and get her anything shee wants. I am just afraid she is going to have a hard time going back home to Illinois.

No comments: